Baby prams or pushchairs are essential tools for parents, so it is crucial to get the best one. In case you are unable to do this, you will be sweating a lot trying to get a place to go. In this guide, you will get all the essential features and things that you must know before you hit the road.
Three things make the best baby prams, and they are as follows:
- A seat that will fit the baby safely and comfortably
- It has the perfect weight and height so that you can lift and push it
- Has the right features for safety
Types of Baby Prams
Baby prams are often called strollers as well. There is no such difference in strollers or pushchairs. There are different terms for prams that are combined with the functions that it is performing. On the basis of this, there are different types of pushchairs.
- Layback stroller – these baby prams allow your baby to lay down or sit up. It is great for newborns.
- Jogger stroller – Joggers strollers are also known as three-wheeled strollers. Not all of these are suitable for running and jogging. If you are planning to jog regularly with the baby prams, get the real jogging stroller that is made for this purpose specifically. These pushchairs have fixed and large wheels that roll or move fast.
- Double stroller -it is for more than one baby.
- Convertible bike stroller – This is a combination of a bike and a pram.
- Umbrella stroller- These pushchairs are lightweight and have lesser storage space. You can fold it easily and take it with you wherever you go.
Three-wheelers vs. four-wheelers
Three-wheelers Baby Prams:
- Longer, heavier, and wider than the four-wheelers.
- You can push them around quickly as the wheels are more prominent and their inflatable tires will help absorb the bumps.
- Easy maneuvering, but may roll away in case they are left unattended.
- May tip sideways more often, especially when turning mounting or corners of a curb.
Four-wheelers baby prams:
- Umbrellas are compact, and you can fold them in a smaller package. This makes this a good option for using it on public transport.
- At the front, they have two small wheels, and at the rear, they have two large wheels that give them the stability of the four-wheeler along with the maneuverability of the three-wheeler.
The Safest type of Baby Prams
There should not be any difference in safety between the four and three-wheelers. Although a few years back, a survey was conducted that asked parents to look for the safety problems they come across with their four-wheel or three-wheel pushchairs. It was found that the four-wheelers were the best. Most parents with three-wheeler baby prams reported issues with the strollers like dangerous tipping or toppling over or unexpectedly rolling away.
It is a necessity for the baby prams to have a wrist strap. If you use it, the baby prams will not go away from you. However, the issue of tipping may still be there. Some tests show that both the pushchair may have the problem of tipping backward. Three-wheelers might tip sideways as compared to the four-wheelers if you are turning them. In the end, go for the baby prams that are good for you.
Features of Baby Prams
- Suitable for newborn
Most baby prams are suitable for newborn babies, and you can use them until your kid weighs almost 15 to 20 kgs.
If the front wheels are swiveling, you will be able to move it around easily. It is also helpful if they are locked over rough terrain or at higher speeds. Larger wheels are better for stairs or curbs. On the other hand, inflatable wheels may puncture, but they are comfortable. Before you buy it, make sure that the wheels will not come off.
At the shop, try unfolding and folding the baby prams. It will allow you to see if it can be carried comfortably when it is folded. Measure your pushchairs to ensure that they will fit in the boot of your car without removing the wheels. The pushchairs must also be suitable for the newborn baby.
Look at the locks of the brake by applying them while you are trying to push its handle. The brakes, if linked, can be convenient as both the right and left brakes may get locked with one action. Few baby prams come with front brakes that are handy on the pushchairs that are reversible. This means you can close the brakes regardless of the way that it is facing. If you can release and active breaks with your foot, then it can prevent all the bending. Also, ensure that the feet fit easily.
Give the straps a tug for checking if they are safe and to make sure that the seat will not come off the frame.
- Reversible handle
It is excellent to select the direction in which the Baby will be facing. The brakes might be on one wheelset that may make it hard for you to push it if you are not pushing it right. Make sure you see if you can reverse the handle quickly.
- Adjustable backrest
Few of these have an upright backrest, which you can move to almost one semi recline position. Few of the pushchairs can be reclined fully. The three adjustment positions will make the Stroller versatile.
The footrest will lessen the injury chances from the kid’s feet getting caught in the wheel or touching the surface.
- Front bar
The child can hold the front bar. They are not very safe, so do not use them for lifting your pushchairs.
- Folding mechanism
The baby prams should be easy to fold and unfold. It should have a mechanism that your baby cannot reach.
Find the best baby prams at Kids Ride on Car. You will get the best prices and high-quality pushchairs for your baby.